The KFDS - CSO diverter has all the features of a KFDS diverter, however it can also close and seal over an open hole.
The CSO (Complete Shutoff) Diverter is used on floating drilling rigs to divert shallow gas overboard prior to installation of the BOP. Once the BOP has been installed, the diverter is used to vent gas in the riser, above the BOP. The CSO model can seal on either drill pipe or an open hole.
- Floating Drilling Units
Product Characteristics & Benefits
- Housing accommodates large diameter riser buoyancy modules
- Open-hole shutoff with 20" through-bore
- 15-10 second closure time on pipe/open hole
- 500 psi rated system
- Control system operating pressure up to 1,500 psi
- High capacity systems available for supporting the riser string from the diverter housing in emergency hangoff situations
- Connection block enables hydraulic operating functions to be quickly attached or disconnected
- Standard housing holds multiple outlets, up to 20" diameter